CFAB is an experienced and compassionate resource for Embassies and social services organisations around the globe. CFAB provides timely, thoughtful assistance, ensuring successful outcomes for vulnerable citizens.
David Stewart, Minister Counselor for Consular Affairs and Consul General, U.S. Embassy, London
Our Advice and Information Line
Private Fostering Symposium
We are pleased to announce that on Thursday 6th March CFAB will be holding a symposium on Private Fostering at Friends House, Euston. The symposium, which is entitled 'Minding the gaps, identification and protection of
privately fostered children from overseas', will bring together
representatives from a range of government departments, relevant professional
services and organisations, legal representatives and local authorities.
The aim is to both identify key
issues facing those with an interest and involvement in issues relating to
private fostering and, where possible, agree actions to be taken forward,
including in the inter-agency, multi-disciplinary context. The symposium
will concentrate on practice and policy implications, specific case studies and
identifying challenges and solutions while working with children from overseas
in informal care arrangements.
Please note, this symposium is invitation only and spaces are limited. If you are interested in attending please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pro-Am Golf Tournament Date Announced
CFAB is delighted to announce that the 9th Bi-Annual Pro-Am Golf Tournament and Gala Dinner will be held at Stoke Park on 2nd June 2014.
Teams will have the opportunity to play on the infamous course alongside top female professional players, all in the name of raising money for the charity's work protecting children and families across international borders.
For information on how to participate in the 2014 Golf Tournament, please contact the CFAB Events Manager. For more information on previous Golf Tournaments, please click here.
Video: Spring Fair 2013
Spring Fair 2014
2014 marks the 55th International Spring Fair and Food Festival and celebrates the 90th anniversary of the International Social Service network, of which CFAB is a leading member.
Join us on 13th and 14th May as Kensington Town Hall comes alive with all the riches and colours of the world brought to you by the Diplomatic Missions of over 80 different countries.
All Embassies in London are invited to take part and each year we are extremely grateful to receive the dedicated support of the Diplomatic Community who bring stalls selling their national produce.
With live world entertainment, craft stalls, global cuisine and all day cocktail bars the International Spring Fair is London's largest charity Fair and an event not to be missed!
Buckingham Palace International Child
CFAB is very excited to announce that to celebrate the ISS Network's 90th
anniversary, we will be holding our International Child Protection Dinner at
Buckingham Palace on 11th February 2014. Hosted by our Royal Patron, HRH
Princess Alexandra, the evening will provide a great opportunity to say a big
thank you to our loyal supporters in a most impressive location.
CFAB has launched a NEW Membership Scheme to all Local Authorities across the United Kingdom available to sign up to today! Offered to all Local Authorities, becoming a member will give you complete access to our expert services for a single annual payment of only £5000.
Local Authorities have already started to sign up and enjoy the unprecedented benefits of this scheme.
What is the scheme?
For just £5000 per year Local Authorities will receive:
- Unlimited case consultancy
- Unlimited information and specialist advice for statutory cases regarding children and family work in international contexts.
- Assistance in all Hague 1996 and Brussels IIa matters. CFAB will carry out all 1996 Hague Convention assessment requests in your Local Authority which otherwise would be your responsibility.
- Two bespoke training events for up to 50 staff members on either Child Trafficking, Private Fostering, Children in Care or International Social Work Issues.
- Expert input to strategy meetings, case conferences and LSCB as required.
- Advice and guidance to UK social workers travelling overseas if this becomes necessary. Includes visa advice and linking UK workers with professionals overseas.
- Priority bookings on CFAB symposiums, conferences and annual lectures.
- Quarterly Newsletter.
Why join the scheme?
Now, more than ever, increasing financial pressures are facing us all. At the same time, so too are the demands made on Children’s Services, including cases with an international dimension.
The issues surrounding international social work are increasingly complex with many local authorities seeing a rise in cases involving issues such as trafficking, private fostering from overseas and LAC, for whom placement with family members in another country may be the best option. Children and Families Across Borders (previously known as ISS UK) has significant experience in these matters and can help your staff to avoid some of the pitfalls.
- CFAB is the only organisation in the UK that provides this service or expertise.
- Our current fee structure will be increasing by at least 25% in April 2013. This means you would spend more than £5000 if you procure just 2 overseas assessments a year from us. Membership will give greater certainty to your financial planning.
- At present vital information needed for your cases is not obtained due to frontline staff not being able to agree the current fees requested. Joining will mean your staff can use CFAB as often as they need for one fixed annual upfront membership cost.
- Child protection investigations of children from overseas, trafficked children and children in your care who are from overseas are ever increasing. Joining CFAB’s membership scheme will save you time and money as well as meeting the safeguarding needs of your service users.
- Opportunity to participate in innovative project work, involving children in your area from overseas, throughout the year
- By joining over the next 3 months we will freeze the £5000 annual fee for 3 years. You are free to pay for the three years up front or in yearly installments.
- CFAB is a unique organisation which provides advice and assistance to professionals dealing with international social work issues involving the UK and another country.
- With over 50 years’ experience as part of an international network spanning more than 120 countries worldwide, our specialist role is recognised and trusted by the UK and local Government, the Family Division of the High Court and other major NGOs such as NSPCC, Save the Children and Barnardos.
- We cover international child protection, placing children overseas, UASC’s, child trafficking, private fostering, parental child abduction, international surrogacy and international welfare issues for vulnerable adults.
- In the past 2 years CFAB has assisted in placing 60 children with family members overseas, and follow up work has shown all of these placements are proceeding successfully. These placements were all made within the child’s timescales in the framework of UK care proceedings. As well as being in the best interests of the children concerned, these placements have saved hundreds of thousands of pounds for Local Authorities in care costs.
- In 2012 our Advice Line dealt with over 2,000 queries from UK Local Authorities covering cases involving more than 120 countries. We sampled 10% of calls for quality assurance and have 96% of callers rating our service as “excellent” or “very good.”
How to join
The membership scheme is available to join up to immediately! Join over the next 3 months and we will freeze the annual fee at £5,000 for the next 3 years!
If you are interested in joining the scheme please fill out the Membership Sign Up Form (available to download below) and scan and email it back to us at: email@example.com
A contract will be then be issued along with an invoice.
The Membership Services will begin from the date the funds are received by CFAB.
You will then be issued with a Membership Certificate stating your Membership Start Date.
So contact us today and don’t miss out on the 3 year fixed rate!